DynCorp International LLC. Lead Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic (WEX) in OCONAL DHAFRA AIR BASE, United Arab Emirates
Supervises, trains AGE technicians and performs inspections, maintenance and servicing, and storage of assigned AGE. Maintains and inspects hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and fuel systems to include turbine, diesel, and gasoline engine driven AGE. Responsible for the day-to-day AGE shop operations and communicates with the AGE Superintendent to assure work priorities are met. Maintains all AGE IAW applicable technical data and quality assurance standards as part of ISO 9001 programs.
- Primary supervisor to train AGE mechanics and perform periodic inspection, maintenance and repair actions on assigned AGE assets.
- Stocks, maintains and requisitions parts, tools and supplies to perform required work on assets.
- Prepares AGE/FLSE and other equipment for exercises or actual deployments.
- Responds to enquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Utilizes testing of diagnostic equipment while troubleshooting hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pneumatic systems and components for serviceability.
- Prepares and completes documentation including work orders, US Air Force supply and DynCorp International forms, updates historical data and coordinates actions required with work orders.
- Directs maintenance by maintenance action sheets, US Air Force technical orders and DynCorp directives.
- Develops standards for subordinates, implements the precept of quality assurance within the guidelines of the ISO 9002 program, Ensures that all work is completed to quality standards and provides employees with feedback on their progress.
- Orients new personnel to work crews, plans work assignments and establishes work methods.
- Conducts on-the-job training for AGE mechanics on assigned AGE/FLSE, safety, material safety data sheets, security awareness and other subjects. Prepares and updates training records.
- Prepares and inspects assets and equipment for shipment by air, sea and surface transportation.
- Performs servicing and maintenance of in-use assets and returns equipment to mission capable.
- Prepares and submits quality/material deficiency reports and technical order changes as required.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Inspects hazardous materials within the assigned work center and coordinates the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Attends AGE staff meetings as required.
- Prepares personnel performance reports as assigned.
- Performs TDY within the area of operations as required by the US Air Force/DynCorp International tasking.
Performs other duties as assigned by the AGE Supervisor. Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of military or civilian maintenance systems, quality assurance and supervisory skills.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid local driver’s license.
Working knowledge of personal computers, Windows, Word, Excel and Access. Experience & Education
Five years experience with the US Air Force or civilian organization in the field of aircraft ground support equipment maintenance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Training to a journeyman level as aircraft ground support equipment technician through an apprentice or military service program. Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Must be able to work out of doors for extended period.
Must be able to work in maintenance shop environment. Travel
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job: *Logistics / Transportation
Title: Lead Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic (WEX)
Location: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES-OCONAL DHAFRA AIR BASE
Requisition ID: 1800208-1