Marriott Receptionist – ADC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 1800133U
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
Asia de Cuba combines a high-energy environment with its Chino-Latino menu; intensely flavored, imaginatively prepared and ultimately celebratory. Rooted in the Chino-Latino cafes that dotted the streets first of Havana, and then of Miami and New York, Asia de Cuba has created a style of food and service all its own.
Jobresponsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
Performs all duties in adherence to all company standards.
· To have sufficient knowledge of:
§ All departments
§ Managers information
§ Wine Lists
§ Opening times & closing times
§ Reservations policy
§ Organizational chart and extension numbers
· Greets and acknowledges guests while smiling and making eye contact.
· Recognizes repeat guests while smiling and making eye contact.
· Acts as a liaison between management and service staff
· Communicates guest complaints and compliments to management.
· Communicates guests needs to staff/management, i.e. celebrating anniversary and/ or birthday, etc.
· Alerts the kitchen of business flow, i.e. how many guests will soon be ordering, how many guests are having desert, how many guests are waiting to be seated, etc.
· Walks the floor and provides floor updates to management, i.e. how many open tables, open menus, etc.
· Ensures that guest seating is rotated between all service stations.
· Answers telephone, takes new reservations and maintains current reservations within procedural guidelines.
· To ensure good communication with all your superiors
· To ensure that all items of lost property are handed into the duty manager
· To ensure that the reservations area is kept clean at all times
· To deal with customer enquiry’s
· Carry out any reasonable request made by management
To move into this position you should have
· Fun, outgoing, energetic attitude
· Ability to comply with all Food and Beverage brand standards
· Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Customer service oriented with an outgoing, upbeat and positive personality.
· professional well-groomed appearance.
· Ability to work in a team and independently.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
· Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to maintain composure in a potentially stressful environment.
· Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees and management.
· Must have the ability to provide friendly, courteous and professional service to all internal and external customers/guests, at all times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.