Microsoft Corporation Premier Field Engineer in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Are you looking for a career that provides you with a rich, multi-cultural, international experience partnering with peers and visiting customers across the world?
Do you want to make the difference for Microsoft’s customers with your passion for technology and innovation, supporting them to be more and achieve more?
Are you interested in receiving unrivalled training, superb career opportunities and the chance to work and influence the latest technologies?
Are you interesting in joining a team of outstanding technology professionals who, as trusted advisors and subject matter experts, help Microsoft Premier Enterprise Customers - enabling them to make the most out of their technology and moving their business forward?
The Premier Field Engineering (PFE) team provides technical support for Microsoft’s Premier customers worldwide through onsite and remote support services. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. Most of the work is proactive deliveries to Microsoft’s Premier customers.
The ideal candidate should have at least 8-10 years of experience with SQL Server. This position is targeted for both dedicated support roles and short term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is required. Travel requirements vary regionally; expectation is around 50%.
• Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
• Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
• Provide SQL workshops and training for customer's existing support staff.
• Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
• Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
• Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
• Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
• Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
• Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's goals.
• Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
• SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
• Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2014
• Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
• Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
• Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
• Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
• University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
• Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
• Fluency in English is required.
• SQL programming skills in one of the following: VB, VBA, C++, .Net, VBS, Jscript.
• Experiences with SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services.
• Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting.
• PowerShell V2 skills including scripting would be an advantage.
Interested? To learn more about Microsoft Customer Service & Support? Check out Life at Microsoft and become a fan on Facebook Microsoft Customer Service and Support Jobs.