Marriott Executive Assistant to Chief Human Resources Officer in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Number 18001331
Job Category Administrative
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Executive Assistant reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources, Middle East & Africa. The Executive Assistant should exercise a high degree of business acumen in making professional judgments and maintaining confidentiality. The Executive Assistant will provide proficient clerical and administrative support to the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources; working with limited supervision and minimal direction, as well as being an active team player and occasionally supporting the wider team, as necessary. The Executive Assistant will have prior experience of working in a high pressured environment and be able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills with particular attention to detail. The Executive Assistant must have the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and in an accurate and timely manner, often under demanding timescales and at short notice. The Executive Assistant is required to manage the workload of the Administrative Assistant and provide guidance whilst delegating work effectively.
• A Full Time position based at the Middle East & Africa Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position at this level.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, providing administrative support to Senior Executives.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
• Sensitive to the dynamics of the regional cultures and experienced in dealing with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Ability to maintain and treat highly confidential information with absolute discretion
• Very presentable with an approachable yet confident personality; demonstrates flexibility and has a positive can-do attitude
• Highly adaptable, resilient and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with limited supervision and minimal direction
• Maintains high performance standards: ensuring that all work is effectively complete, monitors the progress of work against schedules and departmental requirements, works effectively by using a highly collaborative style
• Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the department; possesses exceptional communications skills
• Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth.
Education or Certification:
• Must be fluent in English – both written and verbal – and experienced at communicating at all levels
• Excellent working knowledge of MS office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Acts as a “gate-keeper” for the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources time by managing there calendar. This involves using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings or conference calls and making changes with minimal involvement by the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources.
Composes all types of correspondence, documents, letters or presentations on behalf of the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources to be shared and used by the department or senior level executives of the company; including the MEA President. Correspondence may also be directed toward hotel owners or outside organisations.
Overseeing and managing the travel arrangements and travel itineraries for the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources. The travel may involve multiple stops, extended trips and frequent/unanticipated changes.
Proactively maintain files for Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources and department common files and maintain department trace system (staff review dates, department conference calls, team meetings, etc.).
Arranges or performs administrative functions for small to large-scale meetings or conferences on behalf of the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources. Responsible for evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding logistics and pricing for the room and audio-visual set-up, catering, meeting agenda and materials, and possibly travel arrangements for the participants. Incumbent will be responsible for managing all administrative aspects for meetings and conferences.
Handles special reporting projects and requests, which could include presentations, monthly reports, budget schedules, accumulating data / information from team/department, when needed. This work may include data entry and/or basic analysis and developing databases or spreadsheets.
Basic administrative functions such as processing expenses, copying, filing, distribution of materials and any other duties as assigned by the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources.
Support for other special projects as assigned (i.e. ordering department gifts, organizing department functions, relocating department, assisting with new hires and transfers, etc.).
Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternatives to handle requests when many times the problems are not clearly identified or involve sensitive issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow up.
Identify areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within the department. The incumbent will initiate the project to develop the new policy or procedure.
Provides cover to other administrative roles within the department during annual/sick leave.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Continent Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Executive Assistant will be provided with an iPhone and would occasionally be expected to respond to urgent requests from the Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President Human Resources after hours or at weekends
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.