Fairmont Director, Banquets in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Director of BanquetsEngaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Director of Banquet , you will liaise between multiple departments to ensure the success of every group function – and model exceptional service and leadership skills among your team.
The luxury Fairmont Abu Dhabi Marina Resort will have 563 hotel rooms/suites, 249 Fairmont branded residences and 9 F&B; outlets along with large function facilities.
All of this will reside in two iconic towers which meet in a magnificent arch. The distinctively designed skyscraper, close to the Marina Mall at Abu Dhabi Breakwater (a manmade area of ocean walkways) will offer panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf, the Corniche and the city’s famous skyline. The Fairmont Marina Resort will feature nine restaurants and lounges, Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge situated atop at the bridge between the hotel and residences, state-of-the-art meeting and function space, and a business center. Leisure offerings include an infinity swimming pool, kids club, fitness center, watersports center and Willow Stream spa.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Supervisors in the absence of a trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Work closely with the Culinary and Stewarding team to ensure all banquetmeeting requirements are in place
- Work with the Conference Services & Catering department to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized
- Manage the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in food & beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in UAE.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi-Fairmont Abu Dhabi Marina
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Closing Date: 30.Apr.2018, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: ABD00050