Google Sales Engineer, Google Cloud Platform in United Arab Emirates
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Google Cloud Sales Engineer, you are able to inspire businesses, educational institutions and government agencies to reap the benefits of cloud technologies. To help them adopt these technologies you are seen as a trusted advisor on their future architecture and operations. You liaise with the product marketing management to stay on top of industry trends and work with engineering teams to help them devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
In this role, you'll work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will also help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features and resolve any potential issues they may have.
You will have excellent technical, communication and organizational skills and you'll engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present Google's product offering.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments to transactions.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Present, demonstrate and run workshops using G Suite, Chrome and mobility devices to highlight their business value and organizational impact. Work wtih Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform and G Suite using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI/RFP response documents.
- Travel to customer sites and conferences as required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role and as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
- Experience with infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems and SQL-based relational databases.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Arabic fluently and idiomatically.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience of architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT Technology space.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.