Google Public Policy and Government Relations Manager in United Arab Emirates
As a member of Google's Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
As Public Policy and Government Relations Manager in Dubai, you will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third parties, as well as help manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of Google employees in MENA (Middle East and North Africa), as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team to advance policy positions that benefit our users and an open Internet.
Technology moves quickly, so it's important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web; key issues include technology innovation, free expression, privacy and intellectual property.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as open internet.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working within national politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy.
- Ability to speak and write English and Arabic fluently and idiomatically.
- Broad policy experience with direct knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the web, like privacy, free expression, internet access and online safety.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments and a proven ability to exercise judgment even in a crisis.
- Ability to think, plan and execute large projects.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience, including leading campaigns and mentoring members of the team.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.