Marriott Waiter/Waitress in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
- Set up the restaurant efficiently and accurately, including the tables, bar and anti-pasta/fish counter
- Actively participate in daily stand up briefings and taste panels
- Ensure knowledge of the Basic of the Day and the Food and Beverage Brand Standards, and ensure these are followed
- Handle an assigned station, and leave the floor only after permission from a supervisor
- Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to Brand Standards, sequence of service, and sales dialogue
- Be aware of any 86 items
- Always offer a choice of sparkling or still water
- Check back after two bites of the main course
- Crumb the table after main course or when necessary
- Change the ashtray after two butts and after putting dishes on the table
- Offer a refill when a third of the drink is left
- Clear empty glasses and dishes as necessary
- Serve all beverages in accordance with Brand Standards and Use Records
- Answer any guest questions about the menu items, daily specials and beverages, including knowledge of the ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes. Make appropriate suggestions to suit guest needs and proactively up-sell items.
- Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Operate the MICROS and Respak system accurately:
- Ensure accurate and informative punching of orders
- Have any voids or adjustments initialed by a supervisor
- Enter and update the Respak system accurately, without adding unnecessary profiles
- Ensure the prompt bussing of tables once the guest has departed. Ensure all re-setups of tables are clean, stain free and accurate, with special attention to detail.
- Side stations must be clean and organized at all times.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management. This may involve working in or moving to another Food & Beverage outlet.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010W9