Marriott Waiter - Firefly - Westin in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- Serve guest needs by assisting the Food Server with delivery of food from kitchen and completing guest requests.
- Deliver food from kitchen to the guest ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist in clearing, cleaning and set-up of tables, chairs, linens, china, glass and silver for service in an unobtrusive manner; greet guests according to the standards to ensure superior service.
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
- Assist in stocking linens, china, glass, silver, and food items for service; assist in preparation of smaller items such as toast, soup, or beverages.
- Assist in the breakdown, cleaning and set-up of buffets and food stations.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Take guest food orders.
- Seat guests.
Post graduate and basic Apprenticeship
Minimum of 1 or 2 years in a similar position in a high volume internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage establishment.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Guest focus
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Fluency in English and preferably another language
- Basic computer skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001XRW