Marriott W Lounge Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests passions, providing insider access to what s new and what s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
- Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the W Lounge while ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees, supervisors and assistant managers in the Hotel s All Day or Fine Dining Restaurant to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- The ability to be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The ability to work closely with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assist with the service of beverages to guests.
- Assist in seating of guests.
- Assist with the cleaning of operational areas.
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.
- Three to five years previous experience in multiple food & beverage positions.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Information system knowledge
- Food and Beverage knowledge
- Guest focus
- Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Sound decision making ability
- Take initiatives
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Fluency in English and preferably another language
- Good computer skills
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: W Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001D7N