Marriott Training Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization s mission and vision. Works with property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs. The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results. Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs. Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Education and Experience
2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the human resources or related professional area; certified trainer. OR
4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; certified trainer; no work experience required.
- Marriott associates understand the management philosophy, history and culture of Marriott and are encouraged to behave in ways that keep the spirit alive!
- An informational, motivational orientation program for new associates is in place.
- Training programs are aligned with corporate objectives and based on both local market conditions and skill level of associates.
- Effective communication tools are used to encourage associate involvement in their own training and development.
- An effective certification process for discipline-specific trainers in each department is developed and/or maintained.
- Training and development needs are identified, interpreted and solutions generated in conjunction with the appropriate supervisory level.
- Consideration is given to diverse backgrounds of associates when planning or delivering training.
- Positive relationships are developed with all hotel associates and an attitude of cooperation and teamwork apparent in all interactions.
- A reputation for integrity is maintained by the training manager.
- Guest feedback is utilized in the evaluation of training needs and programs.
- Balanced scorecard information is monitored in order to evaluate effectiveness of both training and processes that affect these areas.
- Rapport and cooperation is established with schools, colleges and other institutions with regard to training and development opportunities.
- All work is carried out in an organized and efficient manner in line with appropriate company and legal requirements.
- Training expenditures are monitored and evaluated on a regular basis to ensure cost efficiency and cost benefit.
- Expertise is gained in computer and technical equipment areas.
- The objectives of training programs are tied to business objectives.
- Training materials and resources are leveraged within the hotel and region as appropriate for best cost/benefit results.
- All training is carried out in accordance with company standards.
- Rapport is established with individuals and groups of learners.
- Group dynamics are managed to promote the achievement of learning objectives.
- Orientation and training programs are evaluated to at least level 2 measurements against objectives, and changes made as appropriate or feasible.
- Relationships with colleagues are managed to maximize the impact of training and development activities.
- Confidentiality of human resources issues is maintained.
- Improvement targets are met in relation to formal measurement tools such as GSS, AOS, labor turnover, etc.
- Updated information is available to associates relating to cross-training, visa applications, and other training-related activities.
- Previous experience, knowledge and best practices are applied effectively.
- Focus, energy and tenacity are demonstrated in the pursuit of results.
- Personal work planning practices are evaluated with an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Initiative is taken to pursue opportunities for self-development through new experiences and/or challenging projects.
- Maintains a professional demeanor when faced with challenging or stressful situations.
- Orientation and training standards are achieved with minimal supervision.
- There is a decisive response to change and a readiness to challenge tradition.
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170012D4