Marriott Tax Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Marriott.
The primary responsibility of the Tax Manager MEA is to coordinate and manageallcompliance aspects forlocalincome tax as well asindirect taxation and reportsto the Director Tax, MEA. In addition to the key tax compliance activities, this rolealso involves dealing with tax auditrequests.The role supports Middle Eastern and African countries as assignedby Management.
Responsibilities include coordination, preparation and filing of tax returns (incl. CIT, VATand TP as required by local law) for entities incorporatedin the Continent. In addition,this position will be a key contributor in efforts to improve and create processes thatensure the accuracyand completeness of financial information for Marriott's subsidiaries.The Tax manager works with independence, but within establishedguidelines,producingand analyzing financial information as to support the subsidiaries. In addition, he/she willserve as a key point-of-contact for stakeholdersacross the organization.
Education and Experience
- Qualified Tax Accountant, Certified Public Accountancy certification and/or advanceddegree in tax, or local country equivalent
- 5 years' experience in Tax and Accounting with knowledge of GAAP andIFRSIdeally has knowledge of overallhoteloperations
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Fidelio, Micros and additional systems used in the hotels preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines aremet.
- Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
- Provides input and assistance to other teams regardingprojects.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Demonstrating and Applyin g Discipline Knowledge
- Provides technicalexpertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of function-specificprocedures.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Uses computers and computer systems(includinghardware and software)to enter dataand/ or process information.
Additiona l Responsibilities
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form,e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow-up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability-Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes orchallenges in the workplace.
- Communication -Conveysinformation and ideas to others in a convincing and engagingmanner through a varietyof methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems,and opportunities; obtains and comparesinformationfromdifferent sources to draw conclusions,develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems,and choosesa course of action.
- ProfessionalDemeanor-Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respectfrom others; makes a good firstimpressionand represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development-Develops business plans by exploringand systematically evaluatingopportunities with the greatestpotential forproducingpositiveresults; ensures successfulpreparation and executionof business plans througheffective planning, organizing, andon-goingevaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams-Participates as a memberof a team to movetoward the completion of common goals whilefosteringcohesionandcollaborationamong team members.
- Strategy Execution- Ensures successful execution across of businessplans designed tomaximize customer satisfaction, profitability,and market share through effective planning,organizing,and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results-Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumesresponsibility for work objectives; initiates,focuses,and monitors the efforts of self and/or otherstoward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathersinformationand resourcesrequired to set a plan of actionfor self and/or others; prioritizes andarrangeswork requirements to accomplish goals andensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships -Develops and sustainsrelationships based on an understandingof customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Coworker Relationships -Interactswith others in a way that builds openness, trust, andconfidence in the pursuitof organizationalgoals andlasting relationships.
- GlobalMindset-Supports employees and business partners with diversestyles, abilities,motivations,and/orculturalperspectives;utilizesdifferences to drive innovation, engagementand enhance business results;and ensures employeesare given the opportunity to contributetotheir full potential.
Generating Talentand Organizationa l Capability
- Organizational Capability -Evaluates and adapts the structureof assignments andwork processes to best fit the needs and/or supportthegoals of anorganizationalunit.
- TalentManagement-Provides supportandfeedback to helpindividualsdevelop andstrengthen skills and abilitiesneeded to accomplishworkobjectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning-Seeks and makes the mostof learning opportunities to improveperformance of self and/orothers.
- Business Acumen - Understandsandutilizes business information to manage everydayoperations and generate innovative solutionstoapproach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen-Understandsandutilizes professionalskills andknowledge in a specificfunctionalarea to conduct andmanage everydaybusiness operationsand generateinnovativesolutions to approachfunction-specific work challenges.
General Finance and Accounting -Theability to apply knowledge of local
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(localGAAP),current companycounting policiesandprocedures,generalaccountingand financial reporting,auditing, accounts payable,andaccounts receivable practicesensure accuratefinancialinformation
Financial Reporting -Theability to apply knowledgeof principles-based standards,interpretations,frameworks and toolsto createand maintain businessunit and/orcompanyfinancialstatements.
Financia l Analysis -The ability to developandinterpret an assessment of the viability,stability and/or profitability of abusinessinitiative,business unit and/or companyusing appropriate techniques(e.g.,net present value, cash flow models, valuationsand returnon investment).Reconciles tax related balance sheet accounts and ensuresaccount balances are supportedby appropriate
Financia l Audit and Controls -The ability to recognize, research,and resolvediscrepancies in financialdata, and createflow chartson main accountingand control cycles (AIR, AP, Cash) to facilitateunderstanding of key control points;including knowledge ofandensuringexecutionof local Generally Accepted.Accounting Principles(localGAAP), Marriott InternationalPolicies (MIP), andInternationalStandard Operating Procedures(ISOPs).
Financia l Systems -The ability to maintain and/or configure financial technologysystems that supportneeded accounting,reporting, analysis and datamaintenance, including security and performance considerations. Support
above-property departments located inMEA with management reporting and
otherlocalaccountingissues.Effectivelyleverages centralized accounting processesviaOFBandMarriottBusinessServices.
Tax -The ability to apply knowledgeof tax laws/statutes to account forandreport
on tax obligations;interpret, recommendand/ordefend theapplicationof tax laws/statutesrelativeto a business transaction; and/or develop strategies to minimizetaxexpense.
- Effectively manage the relationship with local Directorsof Finance and local tax advisorsto ensure foreign incometaxreturns are properlyprepared, appropriately documented,and all corporate taxissues are addressed
- Ensure compliance with tax filingobligations including estimatedpayments and informationreturns.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17000PVD