Marriott Talent Development Generalist in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The HR Generalist Talent Development is responsible for executing the Talent Acquisition (TA) and Learning and Development (L&D) efforts of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, including the full life cycle of recruiting and is directly involved in the attraction, development and retention of diverse high caliber talent. Executes the hotel s Talent Development strategy by planning Company and hotel training programmes and the recruiting of non-management roles in the hotel, as well as involvement with TD metrics and classroom facilitation.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all TA and L&D activities are operating in the hotel and aligned with Company vison and standards. Assists with the training, task-lists and development of the Talent Development Generalists and Coordinators. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports n/aCANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience in handling and managing training administration, diaries and room bookings
- Training course facilitation
- Hospitality/hotel experience desirableSkills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good administrational competency
- Good public speaking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pro-active and reliable
- Time Management
- Multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills (MS Office, social media tools)Education or Certification
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Learning and Development
- Involved in the arrangement and facilitation of the property s Orientation program to drive successful integration of management and hourly employees into the organization that supports a strong culture and brand strategy activation, taking an active part in the facilitation of the program.
- Ensures compliance of all Marriott statutory classroom and e-Learning courses.
- Administers the Marriott e-Learning platform, MyLearning .
- Leads, facilitates and supports all Marriott and JW Marriott on-property training programs, on a need basis.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Works with Talent Development leaders to implement specific training to improve service performance.
- Proudly represents brand values and Company philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Collects and inputs data for use in Talent Development of analytics and metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of TA and L&D.
- Assisting with Human Resources Operations where needed, including but not limited to Employee Relations meetings and Exit Interviews.
- Compliance and adherence to all hotel job aids, Marriott SOPs and UAE law and regulations.
- Assists with HR/Talent administration tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
- Performs other duties as reasonably requested by line manager and senior leaders.
- Gradual exposure to the recruitment and selection process for the property, ensuring the Global Recruitment System (GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent. Specifically relates to non-management recruiting, internal applications and Employee Referral Programme.
- Supports HR Officers to execute talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify line staff and ensure manning of hourly roles is progressed with consideration to time to fill and quality of hire metrics.
- Supports the operation of recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
- Supports the onboarding process for all new hires, liaising with HR Operations and the Government Relations / Protocol departments to ensure flight tickets, housing and visa are arranged in good time and in line with budget/forecasting controls.
- Works with hiring managers on open non-management roles, to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Assist in the day-to-day accountability for ensuring the property s selection and interviewing process is in line with Company standards and geared to focus on quality of hire.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Interviews candidates with Hiring Manager present.
- Creates engaging and creative advertisements of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Follows property interview guidelines and ensures a consistent screening criterion is used.
- Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
- Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170019ZW