Marriott Spa Receptionist in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Be responsible for access control, daily sales and guests needs i.e. locker keys, towel and bookings. Update all reports and databases as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a receptionists, preferably in spa
Skills and Knowledge
Good oral and written communication skills in English
Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
Able to work under pressure at times
Ability to be versatile
Able to do shift work
Computer literate (intermediate)
Basic mathematical skills
Good general health
Self motivated - able to work on their own
Education or Certification
Min. 21 years of age
Minimum HSLC and any other specialization
To have worked in hotels before as receptionist.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of all areas within and around the Reception area including the juice bar.
- To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteous manner, providing them with a full explanation and orientation of the Club s facilities, services and to promote and sell memberships.
- To be responsible for the control and handling of all telephone enquiries in a professional and competent manner according to the Reception Daily Operating Procedures .
- To liaise with the Spa & Recreation Manager/supervisor in the administration and handling of all membership applications and payments according to the LSOP for Membership Applications and Administration Procedures .
- To be responsible for the control of the Club and ensure that un-authorized persons are not permitted to enter and use the facilities unless they are a Hotel guest or Club member.
- To be responsible for the handling of cash and issuing of receipts for new members paying their membership fees or for the payment of any facility charge, class or sale and at the end of the day to complete the Daily Sales Report Sheet.
- To be responsible for the handing out of towels and locker keys and to monitor their return.
- To be responsible for the control and booking of all courts, classes, appointments and services which the Spa & recreation has to offer.
- To keep a daily record book and to log all information such as accident report, complaints, Loss & Found etc.
- To be responsible for any other reception or administrative duty as laid down by the Spa & Recreation Manager/supervisor in the Reception Daily Operating Procedures .
- To be responsible for carrying out cleaning duties in any part of the Health club or swimming pool area as requested by the Recreation Manager.
- To be aware of Health and safety regulations
- To maintain and update memberships, commission, daily sales and reports on a daily basis.
- Any other relevant task
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170018UT