Marriott Spa Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
* Company: *
Marriott International is the world s leading globalhospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities forassociates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you ll find us in yourneighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.
* PropertyDescription: *
Apinnacle of perfection, set within the cosmopolitan Dubai Marina. GrosvenorHouse Dubai is a landmark of prestige and a symbol of refinement. It is a homefor culture, creative excellence, and a collector of lasting impressions.
Grosvenor House is a name steeped in excellence and combines luxuriousstandards with futuristic flair. A guardian of tradition, perfectly refined.The Grosvenor House prides itself on its impeccable service, built on thelegendary hospitality of Arabia. Every wish expressed is met with equalmeasures of priority, discretion and charm.
* REPORTS DIRECTLY TO * * HealthClub & Spa Manager *
* KeyPosition Requirement: *
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self-motivatedRecreation professionals who is seeking a new challenging career opportunity.
As Spa Manager, you are responsible to assist the Health Club & Spa Managerwith the daily operation of the Spa and your role will include keyresponsibilities.
* Education,Qualifications & Experiences: *
You should ideally have a degree in thephysiotherapy / spa field with previous supervisory experience, preferablywithin a five star international hotel. You must also have fluency in bothwritten and spoken English and positively contribute to sales activities alongwith the ability to solve problems effectively. Computer knowledge is a mustand Middle-East experience is an advantage.
* KEY RESPONSIBILITIES *
Positionhas responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employeesdelivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination,reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employeesatisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
* CORE WORK ACTIVITIES *
* Supporting Management of Spa Operations andBudgets *
Assumesthe responsibilities of theHealthClub & Spa Managerin his/her absence.
Ensuresall employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Comprehendsbudgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assistin the financial management of department.
Managessupplies and equipment inventories within budget.
Maintainscleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Understandsthe impact of department s operations on the overall property financial goals andobjectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
* Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional CustomerService *
Setsa positive example for guest relations.
Interactswith guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Handlesguest problems and complaints.
Empowersemployees to provide excellent customer service.
Emphasizesguest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuousimprovement.
Strivesto improve service performance.
* MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES *
* Leadership *
* Adaptability * - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
* Communication * -Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
* Problem Solving and Decision Making * - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
* Professional Demeanor * - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
* Learning and Applying Professional Expertise *
* Applied Learning * - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
* Business Acumen * -Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
* Technical Acumen * - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o * Spa Service * - Knowledge of salon and spa products and services (including hair, makeup, nail, massage, skincare, and body treatments).
o * Spa Services and Equipment * - Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools and procedures for skincare, hair care, manicure and pedicure, massage, and disinfection.
* Basic Competencies * - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o * Basic Computer Skills * - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o * Mathematical Reasoning * - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o * Oral Comprehension * - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o * Reading Comprehension * - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o * Writing * - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Organization: The Luxury Collection
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001KWI