Marriott Sous Chef in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Assists the Chef de Cuisine and the Executive Sous Chef to execute the set standards and maintain them to according to company standards for the kitchen under her/her responsibilities.
Core Work Activities
- Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Training and Teaching Others - Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation
- Set up stations, insuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted demand, and according to the Sous Chef s instructions
- Always adheres to Lapita Autograph Collection standards of preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Maintain buffet, and assist guests with serving
- Accepts and prepares special orders, and ensures proper posting to guest folio
- Ensures seasoning, portions, and appearance of food
- Stores unused food properly and informs CDC of larger quantities of stored food
- Proactively carries out work to facilitate chefs arriving for the other shift s
- Ensures sufficient supply for next day s service, and plans for it
- Ensures that food is delivered on time; asks for help if needed
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices
- Ensures readiness at all times
- Refers to station s file regarding preparation, cooking and presentation specifications of all dishes produced in the section
- For other Duties, confers closely with the Chef de Cuisine
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010JP