Marriott Senior Sales Manager - Corporate in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
As the local, on property sales contact for customers, the Senior Sales Manager - Corporate is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales, researching business opportunities, managing projects and proactively soliciting new business across all segments of the business including Corporate, Social, Group, Catering. Along with the hotel other members of property sales team, manages corporate accounts not handled by the UAE Market Organisation, from corporate companies, associations. Actively up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the account on behalf of Marriott International.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
Westin Dubai Al Habtoor CityWestin Dubai Al Habtoor City
Cross sell into other AHC Hotels and St Regis Polo ResortCross sell into other AHC Hotels and St Regis Polo Resort
Guest Rooms & SuitesGuest Rooms & Suites
Banqueting & Meeting spaceBanqueting & Meeting space
Restaurants & BarsRestaurants & Bars
No direct reportsNo direct reports
Annual Projected RevenueAnnual Projected Revenue
Responsible for developing a working knowledge of all departments in the hotel and their dependence and interaction with the Sales Department. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Proactively prospect for the target customer of the property (e.g., group, catering, business travel, leisuretravel). Learn proficiency in using Marriott s Customer Focused Sales Call Process and the skill of closing the sale through training and trial. Full understanding of property revenue goals and how to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of Marriott International, across the enterprise. Partner effectively with Event Operations to maximize the customer experience of the property.
Sales & Admin experience, ideally in the International market and ability to demonstrate strong client relationships in the corporate market driving corporate transient, catering and group business. Solid sales & account managements skills are essential, with a strong knowledge of corporate market and business trends. A good researcher, negotiator and client focused approach is required. The candidate should be able to show strong knowledge of constructing and executing sales & client action plans. There should be excellent communication (verbal & written) skills, confident presentation ability and a second language would be an advantage. Direct sales experience is essential (including skills in dealing with travel/event decision makers), with experience in the corporate sales market a desirable asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- A strong knowledge of upscale, deluxe hotels
- Report writing & project management skills
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of the hotel & company pricing policies, as well as negotiation guidelines
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Strong customer and development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Understanding of Hoteligence 360.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including Delphi, Opera, Fidelio, SFA, etc.
Education and Experience
- Previous sales experience in 4/5 star hotels
- Experience in the Corporate market is desirable but not essential
- Hotel sales & marketing related courses
- Experience of GCC countries is desirable but not essential
- Fluent Arabic both oral and written is desirable but not essential
- Marriott sales experience is desirable but not essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Sales and Revenue Management
- Works collaboratively with off-property and multi-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, UAEMarket Organisation, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Plays a proactive part in the Sales Strategy Meeting and is aware of selling requirements, restrictions and actions stemming from this meeting.
- Responds to incoming corporate group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies and solicits new corporate opportunities business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Ensures that the correct contracts and administration are completed and filed in an orderly fashion, to give quick access to client information.
- Utilises Opera to manage sales & account relationships, as well as group/banqueting bookings.Ensure that information is correct, up to date and the database is current.
- Understands the overall market - competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Works with the Revenue Management Team to ensure that correct tracking data is collected and recorded.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001V9B