Marriott Senior Director Customer Experience Advisory -MEA in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Director, Customer Experience Advisory, MEA is a critical provider of customer experience knowledge and insight supporting Marriott s MEA Continent strategic objectives. The Senior Director serves as the customer experience lead sitting within the MEA Continent Organizations and represents the work of the Customer Experience Team as well as conducts and manages the customer experience work needed to address local, cross-geography/culture needs. This role supports the development and pull-through of Customer Experience strategy by collecting and synthesizing research insights and analytics to usable and actionable details for the business, with a specific focus on meeting the needs of the Middle East & Africa Continent team. The Senior Director works with Consumer Insight Analytic team members, local consumer research vendors, and the Consumer Insights Data Management and Reporting teams to define questions related to the customer experience, and answer those questions in an actionable and locally-appropriate way for the business. The Senior Director also plays a critical role of playing the consumer advocate in key Continent and Corporate meetings where business plans and potential initiatives are being discussed to ensure that the business maintains its focus on development of product and service offerings that meet customer needs based on the expressed perspective of the customer with a balance toward enterprise and local needs.
Education and Experience
- 8 years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance in customer-focused consultative positions (e.g. management consulting, marketing, brand, strategic planning and analysis).
- Bachelor s degree required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working across geographies and demonstrated ability to address the issues of understanding consumers in different markets
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and engage in insight/discovery work that has practical applications to business needs.
- Proficiency in Arabic preferred; native speaker desired.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Evaluating MEA Continent strategy and questions against available customer experience work, providing summary insights answer key business questions, marshaling research and analytical resources to investigate strategic questions, and playing the role of consumer advocate in local brand, marketing, digital, operations and sales planning forums.
- Uses Continental data and insight to guide Brand leaders as they bring the category strategies and brand positioning to life in the MEA region.
- Collaborates with teams across the Continent and BMSC, notably sales, digital, marketing, and operations teams to guide the development of initiatives and work that take the local context appropriately into perspective when asking and answer strategic business questions.
- Effectively manages multiple clients and large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Works with executive partners to educate/align them with portfolio strategy and brand positioning and help them understand the implications for local consumer strategy.
- Educates/aligns BMSC disciplines to the portfolio/category strategies and brand positioning and can leverage that information to further the objectives of the Continent to grow Marriott s customer base.
- Represents Customer Experience in a wide range of internal and external forums (e.g., Franchise Advisory Councils, Owner Meetings, GM conferences, ad agencies, consultants and local vendors, industry organizations) taking place in conjunction with Continent leadership.
- When needed, participates in and commissions research and analytics to support the extension of core Customer Experience Research and Analytics when required to understand and determine actions and plans that may be most appropriate for the Continent.
- Analyzes information, evaluates results, and can synthesize findings as well as connect dots between research, analytics and business goals to develop and communicate insights that inform business strategy and action.
- Represents the customer perspective from a Continent lens to the broader Customer Experience team.
- Communicates out on Customer Experience foundational work to MEA Continent Leadership team to inform on Continent strategiesDelivering on the Needs of Key Continent Stakeholders while balancing the need for alignment with Enterprise Customer Experience Strategy.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with Brand, Marketing and other internal clients to develop business/initiative strategies based on customer experience insights that help inform the agenda of the Continent.
- Provides expertise on customer needs and competitive/industry trends for lodging generally and on specific key initiatives.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.Providing Technical Support and Consultation
- Synthesizes research and analysis from multiple internal and external sources; creates meaningful insights and clear implications for action.
- Marshals internal research resources and, when appropriate, selects and manages external suppliers, ensuring timely, on-budget delivery on expectations.
- Collaborates in setting overall research and analytics standards and policies, representing the perspective of globally-applicable and customizable analyses and insights.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
Strategy Execution Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Developing Others - Supports the development of other s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Technical Acumen Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools and business practices notably market research, cross-cultural survey and focus group research techniques, advanced research methods such as conjoint analysis, and the ability to define requirements for effective reporting systems.
Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001BB1