Marriott Sales Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Manages revenue through increased bookings across all segments of the hotel. Oversee the efficient and effective process to quickly handle customer enquiries within pre-defined parameters. Communicates booking information to all relevant departments. Effectively presents and sells all conference and banqueting products which meet customer needs. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience within a sales administration environment and EBC office
- Excellent people management skills, including goal setting, review, coaching, training and communication.
- Sales Executive or similar experience with relevant comparable market
- Solid sales & account managements skills are essential, with a strong knowledge of group & banqueting trends and procedures.
- The candidate should be able to show strong knowledge of constructing and executing sales & client action plans.
- Should be excellent communication (verbal & written) skills, confident presentation ability and a second language would be an advantage.
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- Proven record of sales achievement
- Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved.
- Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities.
- Responds to telephone inquires/ requests for group business in the defined timeline.
- Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Delphi capture feedback and make suggestions for adapting offering.
- Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters. Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed time lines.
- Monitor developments, innovations and best practice across the estate and competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales performance.
- Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and selling skills.
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where possible using the appropriate cross-sell protocol.
- Produces contracts, proposals, BEO s and other related booking documentation.
- Ensure strong knowledge of cluster Conference & Events products and selling strategies.
- Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call.
- Proficiency in meeting room set-ups, A/V, and other support services
- Strong knowledge of all hotels in the cluster; selling features, benefits and objectives
- Understanding of contract management and legalities.
- Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F & B and other event options
- Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
- Communicate the vision in the way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Build productive relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
- Identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver project plans.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management and Hotel Operations Team.
- Works with the Revenue Management Team to ensure that correct tracking data is collected and recorded.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010V6