Marriott Room Service Order Taker in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs, including answering calls , dispatching requests and following up to ensure satisfaction with result. Ensure handling all guest requests as well as taking guest orders.
- To serve the guests in accordance with the Marriott standards of Food and Beverage Quality Service.
- Display aggressive hospitality with both guests and co-workers.
- Take pride in all facets of the service to include quality, appearance and professionalism.
- To assist the restaurants in reservation, in order to accommodate as many guests as possible for the profit and revenue.
Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- MICROS, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating systems
- Take orders for room service and be fully aware of all outlet menus.
Know all dishes and the preparation process
Be aware of allergies
- Know the importance of up-selling
- Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to the Marriott International standards.
- Assist in maintenance of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages and weekly requisition, etc.
- Maintain a handover log for the next shift, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be aware and handle all emergencies according to the hotel policy & procedures.
- Be fully conversant with MICROS operation systems.
- Follow up LSOPs and adhere to the property policies and procedures.
- Be flexible according to the business need.
- Be aware of emergency procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager s instructions.
- To report on time for duty. Preferably 5 minutes earlier to update with information, read log books.
- Check the notice boards updated and non-availabilities are checked with the bar and kitchen.
- To record covers, handle special orders, check for out of stock items, obtain the specials for the day.
- To maintain in-depth knowledge all menus (including Daily Specials, cocktail list, etc) and of the service of food and beverage items offered by the department and the hotel.To up-sell to guests as well as confirm their order before thanking them.
- To inform the Room Service Manager of all customer complaints and makes appropriate efforts to correct the problem.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
- Maintain a log of all guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
- Guest name, room number and folio number
- Service request issue
- Time of call
- Agent name
- Action taken / resolution
- Follow up information, including final status
- Government offices
- Emergency numbers
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010W0