Marriott Restaurant Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010WP