Marriott Restaurant Manager - Bridgewater Tavern in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressibleambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, thelargest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JWMarriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world hasto offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finestproperties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service andrefined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as oneof the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilitiesthat have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s mostdiscerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott MarquisDubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, theheart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation,outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars andrestaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and HealthClub. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finessemakes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Areas of responsibility includeRestaurants/Bars. Supervises dailyrestaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitationstandards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak mealperiods. Strives to continually improveguest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance inareas of responsibility. Determinestraining needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within afive star hotel
Education or Certification
- High school diploma or GED; 4 yearsexperience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accrediteduniversity in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management,Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience inthe food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent andOrganizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and ApplyingProfessional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 1700131J