Marriott Reservations Agent in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers. Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
Ideally will have experience in a similar position for minimum of 1 year in a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Microsoft Office and other operating systems
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to work under stress and flexible hours
- Physically fit
- Extrovert personality to assist guests.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for shift, monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure Daily Log and all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings
- Demonstrate and promote Quality Awareness amongst Front Office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front office sections.
- Pre Block VIP and Marriott Elite members arrivals taking into account any special requirements.
- Ensure that all arrivals, departures, no shows, extensions and OPERA related reservation amendments are performed on a timely manner in order to avoid further confusion to all reception associates.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance, keeping manager and all concerned departments informed of any possible credit risks.
- Supervise and arrange all long stay guest reservations. Payments, guarantees, contracts, extensions, outstanding balance and other requirements throughout their stay.
- Familiarize and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS and other front office related operational software.
- Participate in the training and development of Front Office Associates and provide training to associates when necessary
- Be able to identify and resolve Guests problems and feedback up to the guest satisfaction
- Ensure that LEARN and 5W s methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all Front Office receptionists are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
- Attend weekly sales strategy and other front office operational meetings to ensure up to date information within the department.
- Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010XW