Marriott Project Director in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This role functions as a strategic senior technical expert within the department to contribute a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in Global Design which will support overall department objectives. Delivers project management services for assigned projects on an established schedule within approved budget and to standards agreed with the Client.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Architecture, Construction Project Management or related design discipline or equivalent experience
Minimum 10 12 years progressive experience
Experience in the disciplines of architecture, interior design, product specification, & construction management.And
- Experience in lodging design, construction and/or renovation processes.
- Able to travel 50% of working time.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Priorities
- Functions as a strategic senior technical expert within the department.
- Has Excellent Business Acumen and develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Champions leaders vision for product and service delivery.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to promote completion of any projects on schedule.
- Review payment requisitions, change order requests.
- Track and review construction documents.
- Develop financial forecasts of the project.
- Lead direct activities in the early formulation and feasibility stages of a project.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new complex project plans.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans,develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of operations.
- Markets and actively supports the products and services provided by the MI Architecture Construction group.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Highly skilled in negotiations and can be flexible when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.Providing Technical Support and Consultation
- Provides technical expertise and technical leadership within own and other teams.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes and programs.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Applies knowledge/judgment to achieve business goals.
- Foresees, identifies and resolves problems.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & updated practices within industry.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required for this position.MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
Strategy Execution Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed. This role generally works independently.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Developing Others - Supports the development of other s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Technical Acumen Expertly understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges, and function as a thought leader in his or her area of expertise.
Design-Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles to produce and/or review design concepts, drawings, plans, and models that are consistent with internal and external guidelines.
- Creative Expression -The ability to generate ideas or strategies and effectively express design theories and concepts using methods that captivate and influence others.
Project Management - Ability to balance schedule, cost and quality considerations in order to successfully manage a project from beginning to end.
Project Risk Management. The ability to proactively identify and quantify risks to project success and follow-up with appropriate action to mitigate risk.
- Project Financial Management-The ability to determine and manage project financial issues; this includes developing and maintaining the project business case and managing the project to a budget.
Project Change Management-The ability to establish and guide execution of a plan to successfully navigate a group through change, this includes appropriately communicating information to stakeholders.
Computer Software -Skill in using Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, and scheduling and project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project, AutoCad, PeopleSoft, Bluebeam, Adobe).
- Vendor/Partner Management -Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to create and maintain effective vendor/partner contracts and working relationships; including meeting project goals on time and on budget.
- Green Building Standards -Knowledge of green building principles to improve resource efficiency. This includes knowledge of sustainable design and green architecture as well as common green building standards (e.g. LEED and Green Globe).
Owner Relations-Building relationships with property owners that lead to positive branding and business results by anticipating and assessing needs, actively looking for ways to help, exceeding expectations for service, evaluating satisfaction for owners, and partnering on branding strategy implementation.
Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Global Design
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001C17