Marriott PR & Marketing Wizard in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The PR & Marketing Wizard is an extremely organized, initiative taking individual who supports the PR and marketing communications team with all administrative duties related to the department as well as the implementation of key PR and Marketing activities for the UMO hotels. From managing internal and external correspondence and communication, to preparing reports, invoice tracking, supplier relations and ensuring that the correct distribution and appropriate information is cascaded to all stakeholders, the PR & Marketing Wizard is the backbone of the PR & Marketing department. He/she will support the team in the execution and implementation of advertising, promotions and collateral programs for the hotels in the UAE Market Organization, serving as a key liaison between the hotels and UMO PR and Marketing team. This exciting role allows for tremendous exposure to the PR and Marketing discipline, offering an opportunity to grow within the organization and serve as a dedicated PR and Marketing team member for the senior members in the organization.
- Distribute appropriate information and photographs to selected media, both online and print.
- Be sensitive to distributing information which could be translated publically into either positive or negative coverage of the hotels.
- Maintain relationships with trade, advertising, print, and media industries.
- Ensure the correct corporate policy and standards are followed for all printed and display materials, using Brand Works/Voice / InDesign where appropriate.
- Maintain and enhance the hotel photographic library, ensuring all images are useable with signed and up to date usage rights. Assist on photo shoots when needed.
- Ensure brand integrity is protected and promotional messages are delivered when dealing with 3rd party agencies.
- Monitor and produce reports detailing ROI on all promotional activities, partnership programs, and marketing initiatives with the marketing team.
- Provide guidance to suppliers and hotel/staff where needed.
- Review and ensure all property based collateral is up to date.
- Budget management and purchase order follow ups.
- Maintain active engagement with Corporate Marketing to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about the status, performance, opportunities, and issues related to programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate all PR and marketing activities for the UMO.
- Participate in required marketing & brand trainings, conference calls and meetings as required.
- Submit copy and imagery to third party channels as/when required.
- Report back to marketing communications team on a monthly basis in relation to ongoing marketing trends, competitor analysis, and consumer websites.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To coordinate and manage marketing communications activities in the department meetings, monthly/quarterly reports, ROI reports, meeting minutes
- To assist with marketing communications activities when required, for example, assisting with photo shoots, entertaining etc.
- Respond in a timely manner to all marketing communications tasks and proactively take on tasks that are discussed in meetings.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships to help profile the department
- Understand the overall market competitor s strengths and weaknesses, competitor s promotions.
- Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to other departments
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs, demonstrating a flexible, adaptable nature.
- Provide support to ensure that all participating Hotels are fully represented to the best of their ability on all channels including presentations and collaterals
- Guide hotels in developing marketing initiatives for F&B outlets, Spa, Weddings, Social & Banqueting, Corporate Sales where appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs, demonstrating a flexible, adaptable and proactive nature.
- Relevant, proven strength within an administrative environment.
- A solid grounding in the hotel or leisure industry preferred
- Experience in a Sales & Marketing environment
- Understanding of Marriott brand principles & marketing standards
- Hotel and/or Travel Industry sales & marketing background.
- Fluent in written and verbal English is a must.
- Arabic Language ability is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge
- Detail oriented with a track record of follow through and delivery
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong project management skills and ownership of tasks
- Initiative taking
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., stakeholders, associates, customers, vendors, suppliers.
- Good negotiation skills with both internal and external customers
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) - this is a must.
- Strong organization skills
- Experience of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, HTML, Microsoft Office, Work and Excel are a plus
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A university Degree is preferred
- Hospitality Management/Marketing Degree beneficial
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170013PZ