Marriott Mixologist in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Purpose of Role
The Mixologist is responsible for the overall guest satisfaction of all beverages served and ensures that the beverage preparation and service is in accordance with Westin standards. He/she will control and maintain stock levels as well as maximize sales, identify opportunities and create beverage culture in the hotel in order to enhance revenues.
- Assists the Manager in developing and implementing the strategic plan and vision for the bars and beverage service.
- Creates, develops and implements new beverage menu items and writes recipes and beverage lists for all bars and lounges.
- Assists Catering and Banquets Departments with developing special beverage menus for function and meets with clients as requested.
- Inspect bar setups; check for cleanliness, neatness as per departmental standards.
- Work with the Head Sommelier, Director of F&B and Assistant Director of F&B to control beverage cost and pricing of beverages.
- Establishes par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment.
- Directly oversee the training and adherence to the service standards of all bartenders.
- Facilitate classroom and technical training on beverages to all employees in the food and beverage department.
- Maintain an awareness of products availability, product expiration dates and inventory levels to prevent stock-out situations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections as well as designated glassware, garnishes, preparation method/time, ingredients, portion sizes, presentation and prices.
- Maintains supplier relations and is consistently checking on special offers and negotiating best benefits with suppliers
- Implements new products and maintains active market research on latest beverage trends, products and technology.
- Ensures security of beverage stock in the bar using key control procedures.
- To be fully conversant with all Food and Beverage policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her
- Reports and handles all complaints, concerns or special requests of guests.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ensure to comply with the grooming standard.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the work place.
- Conduct duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service and communication is maintained
60% of Time Spent
- To ensure all standards and procedures are consistently followed and excellent service is provided to meet or exceed guest satisfaction
20% of Time Spent
- Leading, coaching, motivating and training the employees
10% of Time Spent
- Completing duties assigned by superior
10% of Time Spent
- Personal development
- College diploma/degree, preferably in hotel/restaurant management
- WSET level 3 or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year experience in the position of Mixologist or Beverage Manager
- Previous experience in Bar Operation & Restaurant preferred.
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information system knowledge
- Food and Beverage knowledge
- Guest focus
- Problem solving skills
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Appearance: Confident, well-groomed
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Sound decision making ability
- Take initiatives
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organizational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Able to read and write excellent English and preferably another language
- Advanced computer skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001XR3