Marriott Marketing Executive in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Responsible for providing administrative and research support to the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager, that includes managing projects as determined by the line manager. Developing communication collateral through Brandworks and maintaining a record of results and Return on Investment. Support to be provided on the maintenance of HWS to audit standard, epic as required, Management of the Sales and Marketing Audit and reporting of results through ECM report.
Assist the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager with marketing related tasks, promotions, and direct mailings. Support the team with communications and preparation of hospitality events, sales and familiarization trips for the hotel.
This role coordinates with the Marketing, PR and eCommerce teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency of tone of voice and supporting on social media.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Evaluates new marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Support on making sure the property is represented on all quality internet sites that have the potential of providing business.
- Works closely with Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager on building relationship with respective Convention Bureaus and Chambers of Tourism.
- Assists in hotel coordination of rooms, food and beverage, and spa, promotions.
- Provide support in developing leisure marketing plan that addresses the distribution of rate offers, packages and programs designed to build occupancy.
- Maintains, updates, and works with eCommmerce team in the management of all web sites.
- Coordinates offers and information for all publications and inserts with regard to brand loyalty reward mailings.
- Support with development of brochure and hotel collateral materials.
- Participates in all hotel imaging work (e.g., signage).
- Uses and interprets all reporting necessary for sound marketing recommendation.
- Reviews and provides analysis on all website and email campaign tracking, for the property site as well as corporate email campaign results and Marriott.com property report
- Provides support in developing strategic marketing plan for property, includes group, leisure and local efforts.
- Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property's marketing materials (photo usage rights, vendor contracts, etc.).
- Ensures that the property is following all corporate marketing guidelines.
- Ensures consistency in the Lapita voice on all guest touch points and marketing communications, not only following corporate graphic standards, but also on behalf of Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection Hotels.
- Provides regular tracking/ROI and analysis of promotions and website/email campaigns, using industry averages for ROI calculation, and uses this knowledge in future planning.
- Tracks ROI of all marketing initiatives, including online, direct mail and print advertising
- Provides support to Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager on tracking of actual versus planned marketing budgets and provides input and recommendations as needed regarding reallocation of funding.
- Works with the Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager to plan and supervise all photo shoots, developing shot list while keeping goals of property and brand image in mind.
- Provide assistance on daily social media posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets, other duties include coordinating the social media marketing calendar with online activity with Marketing, Communications and Public Relations Manager. Supporting on the tracking of social media influence measurements by understanding, interpreting and communicating via a report, partnering with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy, ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks are in line with the brand.
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related major
- 2 years experience in a marketing and public relations position
- Previous experience working within a hotel or similar environment preferred
- Experience of GCC countries is desirable but not essential.
- Fluent Arabic both oral and written is desirable but not essential.
- Marriott experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with design programs including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign preferred
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17000ULR