Marriott Manager Concept Development in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Manager Concept Development is responsible for the development of innovative,practical and profitable food and beverage concepts and that support the specific brand positioning requirements for new and current properties. The Manager is responsible for the analysis and review of research applying established methodologies to determine the optimal F&B space, mix and generic F&B concepts for new build properties. Responsibilities also include identifying the optimal concept solutions for F&B renovations and the development of concept storylines, naming, branding and OS&E lists specific to each concept.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the business, management operations at the property or corporate level.OR
- 2-year graduate degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in a procurement or business related field required.
- Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring program/project work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Awareness and appreciation of the creative design process and the ability to apply this effectively to F&B interior design projects.
- Strong delivery of high level presentations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Food and beverage concepts:- Reviews market research and with the Concept Development Team, identifies the optimal F&B mix or concept for a given site.- Assists hotel teams with drafting of restaurant/bar development strategy & concept documentation to submit recommendations to ownership, Operations and Global Design with the aim to develop the appropriate concepts, deliver ROI and maximize the guest experience in new builds and renovations- Reviews new and renovated property blue prints for operational efficiency and effective design.- Manages and maintains the library of all current, archives and new concepts.
- Food & beverage operations assists hotel teams with the successful implementation of all initiatives and programs.
- Quality Assurance ensures all hotels understand and comply with company brand standards and International Quality Assurance Program, and follow up with all yellow and red zone hotels in area for brand standards audits and GSS.
- Ensures hotels operate with respect to their brand.
- New openings/conversions/renovations assists in coordinating pre-opening, task force, 5SU, and operations technical training.
- Coordinates task forces as needed, to assist in new openings and challenged properties.
- Partners with Director Concept Development to consistently recognize and reward outstanding associate performance in improving MEA F&B performance and/or customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that the Best Practice pool is alive and that Best Practices are shared through a proactive and consistent channel of communication.
- Improves business results by leveraging shared resources and processes, and implement revenue driving initiatives and Best Practices for F&B areas and spas.
- Effectively uses technology to communicate and influence throughout the organization in a timely, high-impact manner.
- Attracts and develops diverse, high-caliber talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization. Maintains oversight of manpower selection for operations leaders
- Looks outside of Marriott to identify and implement innovations that improve business performance.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, and monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results.
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on business requests that have broad department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Actively engages in new hotel openings utilizing critical path tools and communicates need areas to regional team.
- Drives food and beverage metrics, utilizing Micros occupancy tools and maximize flow through
- Knows understands and drives brand culture and operational priorities
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Complies with municipality and state laws applying to procedures.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.Supporting Operations
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in resolving situations.
- Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.Additional Responsibilities
- Informs, updates, and provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem-solving methodology for decision -making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Keeps up to date on the restaurant and bar across the global and Continent trends.
Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem- Solving and Decision -Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action. Applies established methodologies to determine F&B mix, space and generic concepts.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships. Develops and applies cultural awareness across the diverse MEA markets
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges. Develops methodologies for determine F&B concept solutions.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). PowerPoint skills plus working knowledge Adobe Creative Cloud In Design.
Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Reading Comprehension Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170027R4