Marriott Loss Prevention Supervisor in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressibleambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, thelargest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JWMarriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world hasto offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finestproperties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service andrefined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as oneof the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilitiesthat have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s mostdiscerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott MarquisDubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, theheart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation,outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars andrestaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and HealthClub. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finessemakes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for supporting theAssistant Loss Prevention Manager for implementing, overseeing and monitoringall security matters and the enforcement of security policies and regulationfor the protection of guests, employees, properties and classified informationand from injury, damage, loss and theft.
- 3-4 years ofexperience with police, security or military.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer skills
- English Language
- Well fit
- High school orequivalent
- Dubai Police Security Officer/ Supervisor Certificate (DPS)
The following are specificresponsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance ofthe position:
- Followproperty specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g.,evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Followcompany and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure aclean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintainawareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Reportwork related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence tomanager/supervisor.
- Identifyand correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them tomanagement and security/safety personnel.
- FollowHazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing ofchemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including usingMaterial Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use properequipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employcorrect lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Completeappropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Protectthe privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintainconfidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Followcompany and department policies and procedures.
- Protectcompany tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
- Ensureuniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professionaland in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performother reasonable job duties as requested by Management
- Addressguests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests usingbrand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP)to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Provideassistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually,hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escortingthem when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions onpaper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDDphones).
- Welcomeand acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendlyverbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thankguests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Assistother employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engageguests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and areaattractions/offerings.
- Anticipateguests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to betterunderstand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and actingon them whenever possible.
- Prepareand review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda,reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensureaccuracy and completeness.
- Speak toguests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Exchangeinformation with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., cell/mobilephones, pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Provideassistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk withand listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discusswork topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managersdiscreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Answertelephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name,transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permissionbefore placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowingthe caller to end the call.
- Ensureemployee compliance with company standards and policies and externalregulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as foodstandards).
- Ensurethat hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles,responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Serve as adepartmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to performtechnical or functional job duties.
- Assign andensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate qualitystandards.
- Encourageand motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks andassignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Coach anddevelop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, providechallenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and constructand execute development plans).
- Listen tohourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests areserved, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
- Handlesensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy,and confidentiality.
- Supportall co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Developand maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employeesand departments.
- Partnerwith and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve commongoals.
- Activelylisten to and consider the concerns of other employees, respondingappropriately and effectively.
- Complywith quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitorthe performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations andstandards.
- Move,lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10pounds without assistance.
- Stand,sit walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Patrol allareas of the property by foot or vehicle using specified equipment (e.g., flashlight, high visibility jacket) to ensure guest and meeting rooms are secure andassist guests with room access.
- Conductperiodic emergency response drills.
- MonitorClosed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, andfire life safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or emergencysituation is dispatched to appropriate personnel for investigation andrecorded.
- Conductdaily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe conditions or workpractices.
- Record ornotify dispatch officer of any unusual circumstances, safety violations,employee safety issues, or unresolved safety work orders in order to ensurepotential problems are corrected.
- Authorize,monitor, and document after-hours access to secured areas.
- Assistguests or employees during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation,flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters, etc.
- Respond tothe scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid isrequired.
- Administerfirst aid/CPR to guests or employees as required.
- Notifymanager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the eventof accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Completeincident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidentssuch as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms.
- Defuseguest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policiesand procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, anddocumenting incident.
- Communicatespecified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medicalpersonnel as required.
- Respond todomestic problems with guests and call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Resolvesafety hazard situations.
- Handlebusiness interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civildisturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc.
- Conductfollow-up investigations of all accidents, injuries, losses, or criminal actsoccurring on the property.
- Escort anyunwelcome persons (e.g., trespassers, loiterers) from the property withoutinterrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Ensureproperty compliance with alcoholic beverage control laws.
- Report toscenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all required information.
- Call forassistance using proper code responses.
- Maintainconfidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documentsand release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conductinvestigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noisecomplaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guestcomplaints and incidents.
- Conductinterviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and informationrelated to incidents.
- Complete aLoss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that allinformation is properly logged.
- Type,proofread, and copy security reports.
- Provideproper paperwork to employees that require outside medical treatment (e.g.,work related injuries).
- Assistmanager/supervisor in ensuring insurance carrier is notified of liabilitysituations (e.g., worker's compensation and general liability) according todesignated protocol.
- Assistmanager/supervisor in conducting regular documented safety inspections.
- Conduct akey control audit, including monitoring electronic key boxes, issuing andreceiving all master keys, radios, and beepers and keeping accurate records toensure the safekeeping of these items.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Loss Prevention & Security
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170011F8