Marriott Loss Prevention Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for supporting the Director of Loss Prevention for implementing, and monitoring all security matters and the enforcement of security policies and regulations for the protection of guests, employees, and properties. Ensure that damage, loss and theft are minimized by maintaining a constant physical presence in public areas and conducting security patrols. This position is to support late night and early morning operations and is primarily positioned in public areas such as main lobby, outside bars and restaurants and valet parking areas. This is a mobile position which consists of conducting security inspections, coordinates VIP arrivals and departures, maintains a close relationship with CID, DTCM, Local Police and other official authorities. This position will also support departments that need assistance throughout the evening ieFront Office and Hotel Protocol Team.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Management
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., cell/mobile phones, pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
- Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
Working with Others
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Stand, sit walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
Patrol all areas of the property by foot or vehicle using specified equipment (e.g., flash light, high visibility jacket) to ensure guest and meeting rooms are secure and assist guests with room access.
- Conduct periodic emergency response drills.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTV), perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system to ensure that any unusual behavior or emergency situation is dispatched to appropriate personnel for investigation and recorded.
- Conduct daily physical hazard inspections and report any unsafe conditions or work practices.
- Record or notify dispatch officer of any unusual circumstances, safety violations, employee safety issues, or unresolved safety work orders in order to ensure potential problems are corrected.
- Authorize, monitor, and document after-hours access to secured areas.
- Assist guests or employees during emergency situations, such as fire, evacuation, flood, severe weather, bomb threat, robbery, natural disasters, etc.
- Respond to the scene of guest or employee accidents and determine if emergency aid is required.
- Administer first aid/CPR to guests or employees as required.
- Notify manager/supervisor, local police, or other appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents such as theft, accidents, physical hazards, and fire alarms.
- Defuse guest or employee disturbances/altercations in accordance with company policies and procedures, including summoning appropriate authorities if necessary, and documenting incident.
- Communicate specified information regarding guest or employee accidents to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Respond to domestic problems with guests and call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Handle business interruptions and complaints, such as suspicious individuals, civil disturbances or demonstrations, noise complaints, intoxicated individuals, etc.
- Conduct follow-up investigations of all accidents, injuries, losses, or criminal acts occurring on the property.
- Escort any unwelcome persons (e.g., trespassers, loiterers) from the property without interrupting the orderly flow of property operation.
- Ensure property compliance with alcoholic beverage control laws.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts and document all required information.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security/Loss Prevention and property reports/documents and release information only to authorized individuals.
- Conduct investigations and gather evidence related to theft/fraud or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, and other guest complaints and incidents.
- Conduct interviews with relevant parties in order to obtain statements and information related to incidents.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report to ensure that all information is properly logged.
- Type, proofread, and copy security reports.
- Provide proper paperwork to employees that require outside medical treatment (e.g., work related injuries).
- Assist manager/supervisor in ensuring insurance carrier is notified of liability situations (e.g., worker's compensation and general liability) according to designated protocol.
- Assist manager/supervisor in conducting regular documented safety inspections.
Control of Property
- Conduct a key control audit, including monitoring electronic key boxes, issuing and receiving all master keys, radios, and beepers and keeping accurate records to ensure the safekeeping of these items.
Job: Loss Prevention & Security
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170017L4