Marriott Income Audit Clerk in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Accurately record and monitor the revenue of the hotel and ensure a proper OPERA front office data recording and finalizing totals for sun general ledger system interface.
- College GraduateSkills and Knowledge
- Leadership skills
- English language
- Training and willing to help continue the success of the property
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Audit all entries made by night auditor on a daily basis and check that the gross revenue report is accurate and is distributed on time.
- Complete all OPERA systems work sheets including general cashier summary, deposit verifications, over and short report, routing of rebates and miscellaneous vouchers and petty cash recording.
- Ensure that all other charges are posted properly.
- Audit the coding and account numbers of all prior day rebates, miscellaneous charges and paid outs.
- Check that the guest ledger and city ledger totals in OPERA balance with OPERA final report and the general ledger balance. Verify city ledger totals with the receivable clerk.
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of the weekly flash report and send to corporate according to the schedule supplied by the account supervisor.
- At each month end back up all journals for the previous months, close the month and produce the general ledger interface file.
- Properly file and store all job related documents in accordance with the company policy.
- Reconcile the unearned income, health club membership and balance the cash with the general cashier and accounts payable.
- Follow up on the night audit GIG sheet and report findings to the accounting manager.
- Maintain a logbook with night audit for effective communication.
- Advice the department heads on their revenue status and their rebates especially when they are exceeding above norms. Ensure that the rebates and miscellaneous charges have proper backups and authorizations.
- Reconcile sales tax payable on monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as directed by DOF and/or accounting manager.
- Inform the DOF and the accounting manager of any violations if any on the cashiering system immediately.
- Cover the night audit duty if needed during their absence.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Maintain a close relationship with other department heads.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170018FE