Marriott HVAC Technician in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment. Maintain and conduct daily inspections of the mechanical plant. Monitor and control property temperature. Monitor and analyze energy and utilities usage. Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other equipment. Assemble, install, test, repair, and maintain electrical systems or electronic wiring. Assemble, install, and maintain pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, etc.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment (e.g., boilers, chillers, and air handling units/controls), including charging refrigeration systems, replacing air filters, and cleaning coils.
- Test and record boiler, condenser, and open/closed loop systems water quality and take any necessary corrective action such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
- Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
- Monitor and inspect boiler equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
- Fire gas- or oil-fed boilers using automatic gas feeds or oil pumps.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Operate and maintain air compressors and pneumatic/electronic systems and controls.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other equipment as required.
- Monitor and control property temperature to ensure guest comfort in accordance with meeting room 101/102.
- Test batteries in generators, fire pump, emergency lighting, UPS, etc.
- Comply with the life safety checklist, including completing the fire-pump run test and generator run test in accordance with local jurisdictions and company policies.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Engineering and Facilities
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001LWK