Marriott Human Resources Coordinator in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To assist the Human Resources Manager and the DHR in maintaining positive internal and external relationships with both Associates and Managers. Provide a consistent high standard of administration and non administration support to the Human Resources Department to support achievement of the business goals and strategies
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports n/a
- Previous administrative/secretarial experience essential
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Previous user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy of spelling and grammar, layout and content formation essential.
- Highly organized and efficient approach required
- Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business resultsEducation or Certification:
- High School completion or equivalent required; preferably around administration and secretarial qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development student (or similar) certification preferred or a willingness to study
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Coordinates and compiles relevant recruitment information.
- Maintains the recruitment database, including applicant response and any data input.
- Ensures that all recruits have full reference checks and that these are following up if necessary.Total Compensation
- Assists with any Compensation and Benefits data compilationTraining and Development
- Coordinates the administration of all training nominations, training completion and attendance, ensuring databases are fully up to date.
- Provides support with Associate Orientation, In the beginning trainingAssociate Relations
- Assists with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
- Assists with the administration of any employment relations issue (for example Employment Tribunal preparation).
- Provides a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with the organization of any associate events.
- Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.Human Resources Department Focus
- Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Assists, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
- Provides full administration support for candidate management system (I-GRasp) internet recruitment
- Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle (or relevant system)
- Needs to be extremely efficient and professionally skilled in:
- Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Filing and forward tracing a variety of documents, appointments etc..
- Updating and distributing relevant information databases as required
- Processing incoming mail.
- Maintaining office supplies for the HR department.
- Taking meeting minutes as requested.
- Attending investigatory meetings and provides an administration support to HODs by taking minutes.
- Budget control: raises purchase orders, log budget transactions, process department invoices, report monthly.
- Updating data on the celebratory dates/Key Management Data/Contact list etc.
- Maintaining, collating and distributing all relevant activity reports.
- Responding to various requests for help and information.
- Communicating with property associates to provide information and resolving challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
- Coordinating and handling all related memberships and incentive enrolments and ensuring they are current.
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170014EV