Marriott Housekeeping Supervisor in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to rooms, bathrooms, corridors, Public Areas and service areas as allocated. To make sure all rooms are cleaned, inspected and maintained up to Marriott standards and guest satisfaction. Training and developing the other Housekeeping associates. To maintain costs within the Department.
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, and human capital index and market share.
- To sign for any keys you may have and to be responsible for that key during your shift. Never loan your key to anyone, even a work colleague. Return and sign key back in before leaving the hotel.
- To systematically check all bedrooms (departures, stays, ready vacant rooms) to ensure they have been cleaned and serviced to brand standards
- To supervise the work of the room attendants providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the Hotel standards
- To make sure that you carry out the day briefing and the 15 minutes training with all the room attendants and Housekeeping associates.
- The co-ordination of training and orientation of your team members. Maintaining training records and updating accordingly and assisting in the measuring of Hotel standards
- To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
- To ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
- To ensure that all room attendants hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
- To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to, Health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
- To ensure all department equipment, service rooms and store cupboards are maintained at the required standard and are left clean, tidy and locked at the end of each shift.
- To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensuring that these are adhered to at all times.
- To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm
- To maintain a cheerful and polite attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
- To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to the Director of services for her attention.
- Familiarizes yourself with your departmental service performance & product standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010IF