Marriott Housekeeping Coordinator in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests well-being, and we re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
- The Housekeeping Administrative Coordinator assists the Director of Housekeeping in managing the administrative works of the Housekeeping Department according to the Department set standard and carries out assignments by the Director of Housekeeping in an appropriate manner.
- Consolidate annual leave, PH and sick leaves for room, PA and laundry.
- Coordinate with purchasing department.
- Obtain quotations as per the requirements.
- Raise Purchase request as per requirement.
- Liaise with purchasing to get samples as required.
- Coordinate with HRD with regards to monthly training by HR and communicate with all staff members accordingly.
- Coordinate with HRD on staff s paper works (PAF, Head count, Leave forms).
- Handle all individual staff s personal file.
- Ensure and follow up all invoices from all suppliers come on time.
- Monitor and control the monthly expenses.
- Monitor and coordinate stock delivery.
- Coordinate directly with supplier for stock delivery.
- Record and monitor stock balance.
- Prepare a monthly report as follows:
- Monthly expenses control sheet;
- Monthly actual expenses breakdown;
- Manning update, sick leave s record update, Annual record update.
- Meeting appointment with suppliers.
- Prepare training presentation as required.
- Prepare quarterly Housekeeping newsletter.
- Prepare internal Birthday calendar on monthly basis.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Retrieve documents from filing system.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents.
- Organize and coordinate meetings.
- Take, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain schedules and calendars.
- Arrange and confirm appointments.
- Organize internal and external events.
- Handle incoming mail and other material.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Set up work procedures.
- Collate information.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- Operate office equipment.
- Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that talents have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
- Oversee the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates informed.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
- Comply with all Corporate and Hotel Standards and Procedures.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
- College degree or High School /Diploma
- Minimum 3 years experience in Administrative, preferably in a luxury environment
- Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Administrational skills
- Organisational & time management skills
- Keyboard/Computer skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
- Act with integrity
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organizational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Excellent English and second language desired
- Computer skills: Word, Excel
- Writing skills: Able to write plans, reports, and proposals
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott International standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Westin Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001EOA