Marriott Housekeeping Attendant in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To ensure maximum comfort to guests by providing, preparing and maintaining bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and service areas, as allocated to you to the JW Marriott Dubai Hotel standards. To obtained the highest possible and balanced Brand Standard audit certification and departmental productivity.
Houseman experience or public area attendant - preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Good oral communication skills in English
Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
Able to work under pressure at times
Ability to be versatile
Able to do shift work
Good general health
Ability to carry weights
Ability to work on their own
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To be changed and ready for work at appointed time as shown on Rota. Ensuring your uniform and badges are worn as to Hotel standards. If you are sick, ring in before duty commences and speak to the Duty Housekeeper / office co-ordinator.
- To collect Room Allocation List and appropriate section key. To sign for your key and be responsible for that key during your shift. Never loan your key to anyone, even a work colleague. Return and sign key back in before leaving the hotel.
- To be responsible for the presentation of your trolley during the shift. Ensure it is kept neat, tidy and stocked with the correct amount of guest supplies and linen. Making sure your trolley is not causing any hazard or obstruction.
- To make sure that your trolley does not damage the corridor in anyway
- To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
- To clean and supplies all assigned guestrooms and bathrooms to the JW Marriott Dubai standard / Brand standards.
- To ensure that the linen is to the correct standards
- To replenish all bedroom and bathroom supplies, e.g., Soap/Shampoo to Hotel standards.
- To provide a turn down service to the JW Marriott Dubai standards.
- To carry out spring cleaning of the bedrooms
- To check and charge the guest for items used in the store and to refill the store.
- To be able to make up cots and extra beds. (If required to do so)
- Inform your Team leader / office co-ordinator of any room discrepancies, extra departures, and extended stays. (The Team leader will also inform you if there is changes)
- To report any breakage s and lose to your team leader.
- To report any loss, damaged or badly soiled linen to the Assistant Laundry manager or your team leader / office co-ordinator.
- To assist in the linen and bedroom inventory
- To report to your team leader / office co-ordinator any maintenance faults or hazards in bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors or equipment immediately.
- To report to your team leader / office co-ordinator any damaged fixtures and fittings which need replacing.
- Maintains your department area safe, hygienic and presentable state at all times and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to your team leader.
- Make sure that your corridor is clean and tidy free from all items before you leave your corridor.
- To remove all linen and rubbish to the correct areas at the end of your shift.
- To make sure trolleys, vacuum cleaners and cleaning buckets are cleaned and re-stocked correctly and stored away at the end of your shift.
- To ensure all department equipment, service rooms and store cupboards are maintained at the required standard and are left clean, tidy and locked at the end of each shift.
- To follow the correct procedure for the storage and recording of lost property.
- Familiarizes yourself with your departmental service performance & product standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
- To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures, ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
- To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
- Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your Team leader or manager.
- To be aware of and carry out all Hotel Security Procedures regarding bedrooms, and guest property.
- To report any suspicious person(s) or packages immediately to the duty housekeeper or office co-ordinator.
- To be aware of the Health, Safety and Hygiene Regulations at work as laid down in the Hotel standards manual.
- To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm
- To report to your team leader / office co-ordinator any guest comments/suggestions or complaints as laid down in the Hotel standards / Training File.
- To maintain a cheerful and polite attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known. Refer guest to another member of staff who can help them if you are unable to.
- Co - operate and communicate with other associates , supervisors and management to ensure effective team work and high morale
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
- Follows all procedures set up for the protection of the environment within the hotel and grounds.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your team leader / office co-ordinator, e.g., Public areas
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170018US