Marriott Host/Hostess in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressibleambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, thelargest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JWMarriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world hasto offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finestproperties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service andrefined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as oneof the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilitiesthat have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s mostdiscerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott MarquisDubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, theheart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation,outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars andrestaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and HealthClub. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finessemakes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Job Summary Process all paymentmethods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies. Follow propertycontrol audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining changerequired for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve anydiscrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Transport bank to/fromassigned workstation. Set up and organize cashier workstation with designatedsupplies, forms, and resource materials; and maintain cleanliness ofworkstation at all times. Complete opening duties including setting upnecessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensuring everything is inworking order.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott MarquisDubai.
- Minimum of 2-year experience ofa similar position within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum lifting 20 lbs.
- Ability to verbally communicateeffectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending,stooping, upward reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standingand/or walking
- HighSchool Diploma or equivalent
The following are specificresponsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance ofthe position:
- Assign stations to servers and other restaurantpersonnel; assign sidework.
- Conduct Menu Class.
- Receive and seat guests following a rotation of stations.
- Ensure assigned sidework is completed.
- Ensure P.O.S. equipment is set properly and is in goodworking order.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within theircapabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Safety and Security
- Reportwork related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence tomanager/supervisor.
- Followcompany and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure aclean, safe, and secure environment.
- NotifyLoss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Followcompany, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels LimitedRegional Office policies and procedures
- Protectthe privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintainconfidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensureuniform, name tags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professionaland in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protectcompany tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
- Performother reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Workinghours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests usingbrand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) toresolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assistother employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipateguests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to betterunderstand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and actingon them whenever possible.
- Addressguests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engageguests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and areaattractions/offerings.
- Thankguests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcomeand acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendlyverbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supplyguests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities,services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answertelephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name,transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permissionbefore placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowingthe caller to end the call.
- Speakto guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talkwith and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Supportall co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handlesensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy,and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive workingrelationships with other employees and departments.
- Partnerwith and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve commongoals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Complywith quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JWMarriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enterand locate work-related information using computers and/or point of salesystems.
- Stand,sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Readand visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move,lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10pounds without assistance.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170025CA