Marriott Hostess in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies. Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops). Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Transport bank to/from assigned workstation. Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials; and maintain cleanliness of workstation at all times. Complete opening duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensuring everything is in working order.
- Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within a five star hotelSkills and Knowledge
- Minimum lifting 20 lbs.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walkingEducation or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Assign stations to servers and other restaurant personnel; assign sidework.
- Conduct Menu Class.
- Receive and seat guests following a rotation of stations.
- Ensure assigned sidework is completed.
- Ensure P.O.S. equipment is set properly and is in good working order.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170018PE