Marriott Groups and Events Sales Specialist, Complex in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets pleasure. Where even when you re global, you can experience the local. Designed for the independent traveler seeking balance, there s Four Points.
Groups & Events is responsible for the overall groups business, handling all correspondence, managing internal and external relationships to maximizing revenue and enhance guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the groups segment at both hotels.
- Maximizes the incremental revenue of group s rooms, F&B and other revenue.
- Manages and develops group sales coordinators, provides training and support based on their individual needs.
- Assists DOS/ADOS with developing an action plan to achieve the hotel goal from the groups segment.
- Leads the weekly group s strategy meeting and groups operations meeting.
- Ensures knowledge and understanding of Opera, ISAC and ROS Group Optimizer
- Ensures that all group enquiries are entered into and reviewed on ROS Group Optimizer in order to review suitability of business
- Ensures Opera is fully utilized and updated at all times with correct information pertaining to group blocks and group room reservations.
- Ensures the standard template of responses is used and that enquiry handling follows the EAME Divisional Group/Event Enquiry handling guidelines.
- Ensures correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
- Identifies operational limitations and sells only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally
- Works closely with Revenue Team on Groups Rate strategy and obtains approval on rates/availability etc. prior to communicating with clients
- Actively shares market feedback with DOS/ADOS/DORM/RME
- Sets traces for every enquiry after a maximum of 24 hours & ensures trace report is completed on a daily basis.
- Compiles Contracts for all Group and Events associated business for authorized Hotel signatory
- Ensures that a copy of the proposal, contract and ROS Group Optimizer analysis are attached to the Business Block for future reference.
- Conducts pre and post communication for all related events - working in conjunction with the operational team
- Actively uses TEAMHOT as a means of referral, achieving agreed targets & works to exceed pre-set targets
- Actively uses SPG PRO as appropriate & acquires full knowledgeable understanding of the program
- Actively sells the benefits of Star Groups to all clients in order to meet specific on line revenues
- Manages Hotel Planner and CEvent and any other tools introduced in future to drive groups business
- Actively promotes MVP offers internally and externally to get incremental / repeat groups business
- Actively seeks to interact with existing, potential and new clients by show-around, entertainments and lunches, if required
- Contacts clients before they arrive at the hotel to conduct final detailed checks, to be a host on the day of the event, reviewing satisfaction levels and willingness to return and conducts follow up calls to ensure bills are received & correct and to secure the next booking
- Completes any additional tasks as assigned by Management
- Highly Organized
- Should have experience in Sales, hospitality industry.
- Experience in supporting sales team, handling inquiries and generating leads.
- Should have selling and negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in Sales Coordinator position will be an added advantage.
- Advanced in ISAC, Hotel planner, Cvet will be an added advantage.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Four Points
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001KVO