Marriott General Cashier in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- To collect the invoiced amount and ensure its safe travel to the deposit.
- To collect all monies deposited in the drop safe.
- To balance all monies deposited.
- To deposit all monies promptly in the bank.
- To make petty cash payments and provide change to cashiers.
- To prepare cash receipts reports.
- To prepare journal vouchers for petty cash and cash receipts.
- To ensure adequate control over foreign exchange.
- To issue house banks and keep adequate control over them.
- Handling of Travel Agency Commissions
- Reconciliation of credit cards receipts
- Bachelor degree required.
- At least 1 year of experience required.
- More experience preferred
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, customers, and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi-task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organisational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and preferably another language
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SAP, and other applicable computer systems.
- Must have a UAE driving license
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17002696