Marriott Front Desk Team Leader in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count float at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Responsible for on-the-job training for all new Front Desk Agents.
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essentialSkills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
- Knowledge of hotel room types, layouts and features
- Ability to use Opera, Micros & MARSHA System and other operating systems
- Knowledge of Guest Response Tracking Software / Guest ware
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
- Deliver trainings
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly check in and departure of all guests. Ensuring that their details are entered onto the computer correctly and efficiently to the Brand Standards
- Assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations if required
- Be flexible according to the business needs.
- Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it s adhered at all time.
- Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards , Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
- Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that all guests are communicated with the credit policy and procedures upon check-in.
- Take initiative through empowerment to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Be fully aware of safety and emergency procedures.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on confidential basis.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines and daily service basics.
- Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using Guest Response Program
- Assist a fellow associates in their Job to ensure that all are done on time.
- Use your Opera and other systems password with discretion. Log off the terminal when leaving the area.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attraction to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night check list to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Be aware of the Marriott brand standards and follow the thoroughly.
- Ensure that daily banking procedures are followed and performed as per the standards.
- Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag
- Personal appearance & grooming must confirm with standard
- Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for information
- Get a daily briefing about all special events and group arrivals
- Have knowledge about all guest rooms , features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers
- Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas at all times
- Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
- Have knowledge of all emergency procedure and know how to act on them
- Be flexible with regards to work schedule
- Have knowledge about the city and local attraction to answer any guest query
- Liaise with the Front Office Training leader to facilitate on the job training for new associates
- Conducts Hospitality Audits for Front Desk Associates Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170011RA