Marriott Fitness Supervisor in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you re in the right place. You ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That s why we re not just looking for anyone. We re looking for someone like you.
Assess individual's current exercise program and level of fitness to develop personalized exercise programs and provide fitness counseling. Provide advice to individuals on the correct method of exercising with fitness equipment. Provide information, register, and schedule guests for recreation activities. Call Maintenance or an outside service company if machines require service. Maintain an adequate supply of cups and water in recreation area. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility intended for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Process payments for rental equipment, recreation activities, facility rentals, or retail sales. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational quality. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Provide advice to individuals on the correct method of exercising with fitness equipment, including weightlifting equipment, exercise bikes, jogging treadmills, and other training and exercising apparatus.
- Assess individual's current exercise program, level of fitness, etc. to develop personalized exercise programs and provide fitness counseling.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
- Call Maintenance or an outside service company if machines require service in order to maintain properly functioning fitness equipment.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cups and water in recreation area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court).
Recreation Communication and Coordination
- Provide information to guests about available recreation facilities, activities, lessons, and equipment.
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Register and schedule guests for activities by recording information using the appropriate method (e.g., write in registration book, enter into Concierge Assistant).
Recreation Facilities Safety
- Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, skiing area) intended for the safety and welfare of guests and members.
- Complete any certifications/training required by law or manufacturer to instruct guests/clients on the use of equipment.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Organization: Renaissance Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170014K9