Marriott Executive Housekeeper in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Is responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping and Laundry Operations. Directs and works with associates to ensure hotel guestrooms, public space and associate areas are clean and well maintained. Position assists in ensuring guest and associate satisfaction is achieved while maintaining the operating budget.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
Scope: This section to be completed ONLY if the position is to be evaluated by Compensation
Outline scope measures if the position is to be evaluated by Compensation because it is either
- a new position
- the job function has changed significantly
- Classification of Unit (AA )
Describe in bullet format, the operational challenges and business issues that the individual in the position will face now and/or in the future. These challenges could include increasing competition, declining market share, poor financial performance, low associate satisfaction, union activity, property renovation and owner relations.
- Varies by size and complexity of property
Skills and Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of housekeeping operational procedures
- Understanding of Laundry operational procedures
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant cleaning chemicals
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- First aid certification as required
Attach the Leadership Competencies template that corresponds to the career band for the position.
Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports and conducts activities to drive financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- Operations:Works with Asst Housekeeping manager, supervisors and associates to meet or exceed department and hotel goals. Ensures compliance with Marriott Operating Standards to maintain brand integrity.
- Guest Satisfaction:Understands the customer s perception of cleanliness and ensures housekeeping associates strive to meet or exceed guest expectations and help build customer loyalty.
- Human Resources:Participates in the hiring, development and retention of a diverse workforce to deliver excellent products and services. Sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Financial Management:Supervises the daily operation of the Housekeeping and related areas to achieve or exceed budget expectations.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Supervises the Laundry operational areas.
- Performs hourly job functions if necessary.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunctions.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Works with the Sales department to coordinate room inspections for VIP guests.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Supervises the hotel general cleaning schedule.
- Effectively implements new cleaning techniques, supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervises turndown service and special needs of VIPs.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Ensures staff is aware of energy conservation efforts and monitors compliance with procedures.
- Helps train associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental and hotel emergency procedures.
- Participates as needed in the investigation of associate accidents.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures
- Supports modified duty and TLC programs and activities.
- Attends weekly sales strategy meeting as needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs and communicates critical information to the Housekeeping staff.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Trains housekeeping associates on new work processes or service skills as necessary.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Actively solicits associate feedback, utilizes an open door policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns. Brings issues to the attention of Director of Services as necessary.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures. Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with associate to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts. Participates in an on-going associate recognition program.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance. Manages payroll administration.
- Participates in the management of the department s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of department s operations on the overall hotel financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Job: Housekeeping & Laundry
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170018U4