Marriott Director of Groups & Events in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Le Meridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Meridien.
Oversees the functions of Event Management, including the departments of Event Planning, Banquets/Catering, Event Service and Event Technology (Destination Management, if applicable). Position ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position has overall responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets the brand s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing event revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., area sales, company sales) to ensure groups and events sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group and transient sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Rooms & Banquet Operations. Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
- Responds to incoming groups (residential) and events opportunities for the property.
- Manages departmental budget, including groups and events sales.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Conducts data analysis and sharing of information on market conditions, competitors, client and industry changes, economic forecasts and trends.
Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant (limited instances).
Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
Reviews and responds to results of Event Satisfaction Survey.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations (e.g., BEO meetings, pre-event briefings, staff meetings, food and beverage team, culinary team).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Event Management
Organization: Le Meridien
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001MTK