Marriott Demi Chef de Partie - Pastry in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Assist the Pastry Sous Chef and Pastry to execute the set standards and maintain them according to company standards for the kitchen under his/her responsibilities.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience as DCDP
- Culinary Diploma
- Strong communication skills, verbal, listen and writing
- Innovative, pro-active and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a multi-cultural environment
- Cost awareness
- HACCP Certified
- Basic Food and Hygiene training certification
- Knowledge of Product Specification
- Creative in terms of quality/presentation of food
- Leadership and Team builder
- Prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking, and decorating as appropriate.
- Review Production sheet to understand variety of baked goods to be produced daily. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance.
- Keep Chef informed of excess food items for planning of daily specials. Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures.
- Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management.
- Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010UF