Marriott Demi Chef de Partie - Pastry in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As a skilled member of the kitchen team you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be responsible for maintaining standards & full preparation & service of all mep of your own section whilst being able to supervise & offer assistance to all junior members of the culinary brigade.
- Diligence in prevention of food wastage and methods to reduce wastage
- Support the control of food cost
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
- Ensure all production areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness.
- Ensure all food storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness organized efficiently.
- Ensure all food stock items are kept at levels agreed with Executive Chef.
- Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team
- Strong communication with the Chef de Partie of the section
- Key relationship with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with other departments in the Hotel, especially F&B outlets, In Room Dining and Banquet Operations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170025C9