Marriott Demi Chef de Partie - Chinese Speakers in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Assists the Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine to execute the set standards and maintain them to the Lapita Autograph Collection standards for the kitchen under his/her responsibilities.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare and serve high quality food
- Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation
- Set up stations, insuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted demand and according to the Sous Chef s instructions
- Always adheres to Lapita Autograph Collection standards of preparation, recipes and presentation
- Maintain buffet and assist guests with serving
- Accepts and prepares special orders
- Ensures seasoning, portions and appearance of food
- Stores unused food properly and informs Sous Chef of larger quantities of stored food
- Proactively carries out work to facilitate chefs arriving for the other shift s
- Ensures sufficient supply for next day s service and plans for it
- Ensures that food is delivered on time; asks for help if needed
- Follows proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices
- Ensures readiness at all times
- Refers to station s file regarding preparation, cooking and presentation specifications of all dishes produced in the section
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001VBL