Marriott Concierge Supervisor in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Assist in supervising all concierge operations with a focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Supervise the flow of questions and directs guests within the hotel front drive and Lobby. Serves as hierarchy to Asst. Chief Concierge and handles the tracking of flawless service for guest. Assists in managing the day to day operations of the Concierge team.
- Previous experience in similar role or Senior Concierge Agent Role.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of Concierge Management, Developing and Building Teams, Opera ,Supervising Associates of more than 20 team members.
Education or Certification
- Higher secondary and above, Basic Computer skills, Typing speed of 40 words per minute.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Responsible for providing hands on leadership to the entire concierge department.
- Ensures robust Arrival Experience & Elite / VIP Guest Recognition plans are in place to drive strong Guest Experience scores.
- Serves as an immediate supervisor to the Assistant chief concierge in achieving and driving guest satisfaction goals.
- Manages the flow of operation at the front drive in assisting the valet and doorman.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Reviews staffing levels and suggest levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met within all areas of concierge.
- Observes service behaviours of associates and ensures that all uniformed associates are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag and appropriate brand standards.
- Understands and follows all call in procedure for all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Supervises & assists all areas of the concierge under minimum supervision.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Sets a positive example for concierge team.
- Empowers and motivates associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of associates in terms of brand standard audits and provides feedback to individuals.
- Conducts monthly job chats, and updates the performance tracker for future review purposes.
- Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Monitors all maintenance and upkeep of the luggage rooms and assets of the hotel.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates and takes time to appreciate and provide feedbacks as and when required.
- Leads by example for training and role plays for all guest related interactions.
- Sets high degree of training skills and demonstrates training abilities by tracking performances and being a role model for the team..
- Conducts Mid year and year end reviews for the team reporting directly.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Chief Concierge and Senior Management to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001AU2