Marriott Concierge Agent in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
- Ensure Daily Log and all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel services and communicates this to subordinates so they can supply information and respond to guest queries
- Maintains close relationship with local resources, companies and other agencies to promote hotel facilities and offer local area information to hotel guests.
- Follows L.A.K.E program, suggest for recommendations and ensure that all front office associates are updated with the local as well as national events.
- Supervises the activity of the Concierge department, ensuring that the guest luggage is carried from arrival point to room and from room to departure point on checkout.
- Ensure proper filing procedures for overall concierge section under the PCI compliance program.
- Handles all messages, mail and packages for guests and hotel associates ensuring they are delivered at the appropriate time and stored if necessary in a systematic and efficient way.
- Suggestively sells the hotel promotions, outlets and facilities at all times
- Handles and oversees all financial transactions within concierge department to ensure appropriate month end closur
- Be familiar with and promote Marriott Rewards Program.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the Front Office Operations and Concierge operations.
- Participate in the training and development of Concierge Associates
- Be able to identify and resolve Guests problems and complaints.
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious
- Actively participate in the Quality improvement process and encourages other associates to contribute
- Have a thorough knowledge of Lapita Hotels product and services.
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the grooming standards of the hotel.
- Note any outstanding issues in concierge department and ensure proper and timely resolution
- Develop knowledge and database by inputting OPERA system about frequent guest profiles and their special requests and needs.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
- Report any unusual occurrences to the Front Office Manager or Duty Manager
Ideally will have experience in a similar position for minimum of 2 years within U.A.E
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- PMS knowledge, Guestware, Microsoft office and other operating systems.
- Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
Job: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Organization: Autograph Collection Hotels
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 170010XE