Marriott Commis 2 in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built onirrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world s tallestbuilding, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now thelandmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the bestthe world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard forthe finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitiveservice and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gainedstatus as one of the region s most compelling destinations, offering serviceand facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of theworld s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW MarriottMarquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road,the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceivedaccommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that isSaray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful culturalinspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctivecharacter and ambience.
Prepare ingredients for cooking,including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruitsand vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook foodaccording to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and foodpreparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills,microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cookedsufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break downwork station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash anddisinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensurethe correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Follow all company and safety andsecurity policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents,injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training andcertifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean andprofessional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protectcompany assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language.Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support teamto reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns ofother employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand,sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reachoverhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, andstooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less thanor equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job dutiesas requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Timeposition based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of DirectReports - 0
- Titles of DirectReports 0
Skills and Knowledge
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions criticalto the successful performance of the position:
- Food Safety
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure foodserved to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior tohandling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handlingpolicies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO);dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; andCold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperatureaccording to the HACCP guidelines.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g.,A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programswithin assigned area of responsibility, as well as Dubai Municipalitystandards.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliancesand food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezersystems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and reportissues or problems to facility management.
- Follow instructions given by your PIC (Person in Charge)
- Do in practice what you have learned in training.
KitchenTools & Equipment
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including usingappropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened;using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particularfood item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; andengaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuringspoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards,presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priorityitems.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping,and storing food before use.
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to preparethem for cooking or consumption.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently,using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes orpersonal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the dayutilizing the HACCP forms and production charts.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches,condiments, and dressings.
Safety and Security
- Reportwork related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence tomanager/supervisor.
- Followcompany and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure aclean, safe, and secure environment.
- NotifyLoss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Followcompany, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels LimitedRegional Office policies and procedures
- Protectthe privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintainconfidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensureuniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professionaland in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protectcompany tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
- Performother reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Workinghours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests usingbrand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) toresolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assistother employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipateguests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to betterunderstand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and actingon them whenever possible.
- Addressguests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engageguests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and areaattractions/offerings.
- Thankguests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcomeand acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendlyverbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supplyguests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities,services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answertelephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name,transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permissionbefore placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowingthe caller to end the call.
- Speakto guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talkwith and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Supportall co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handlesensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy,and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive workingrelationships with other employees and departments.
- Partnerwith and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve commongoals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Complywith quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JWMarriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enterand locate work-related information using computers and/or point of salesystems.
- Stand,sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Readand visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move,lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10pounds without assistance.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001V7T